Thursday, October 8, 2009

Well...They're Definitely Not Bringing Home A Fish

On the 25th of September was Carl and my anniversary. And though it has been much time since the day, I must write a blog about.

It began after school on Friday, the 25th. I told Carl I was going to take him somewhere. So We had to go through the switching cars thing. So he ended up driving because I was going to stay in Sheboygan that night and we'd come home the next day for homecoming. And I had to give him some crazy back road directions so he would not see we were going to...PETCO! Before we entered Petco I gave him a box to open. Inside was a fishbowl, beta food, decorative rocks and bowl cleaner, and a decorative skull and crossbones. Then we went inside and Carl decided on a male crowntail beta. He was a pretty mix of blue shades. Then we began the slow process of getting to the car and to Sheboygan. I did not foresee the difficulty of moving a fish. Turns are the worst on the water. And stopping is bad too. But I held onto the fish as Carl drove very carefully. Many cars sped pasted us and I interjected that they were definitely not bring home a fish. And we had to go on this one road with a lot of potholes. That was fun. But we eventually got to Carl's house and after washing the bowl three times very thoroughly, we put the fish in the bowl. Then Carl dubbed him Mobadiah.

Next we went to take my stuff out of his car. Where I showed him the poster I made of our first year. It had a lot of our pictures form the last year and a bunch of inside jokes. It had some exerts from my journal a lot, my inner most thought haha. It had a mug root beer can on it, remember the day he asked me out and gave me one. We both still have the cans. It also had Pluto and Chiron because of our song, I'm Your Moon. It had the Beatles love album, for our shared love of the Beatles. A saxophone with the word logical in music notes for the Logical song about his life. And some quotes from the poem I wrote about him. It was very cute. He was speechless at first. He loved it.

Then we went upstairs and he open the rest of the gifts I bought him. (This is where I start to think I went a bit overboard) He firsts opens the hat, a grey pin striped one. Very classy. then he opened the watch. It's brown, which is his favorite color, and is analogue and digital. Just what he wanted. Then the Beatles shirt, which he freaked out about. Finally he opened the painting of the dragon around the sun. He said it was amazing! Hurray!

Then he blindfolded me and made me walk down the stairs. Dangerous? I thought so. Then he left me alone and went to get my gift. I took off the blindfold when he returned and before me was a beautiful painting by Carl himself. It was of a ram and a hummingbird, which is what Carl and I in animalogy. The ram was crying and the tear in the shape of a man. And peeking out from behind the ram's nose was a woman. The hummingbird set off a ray of a sunset and all these beautiful colors. There was a heart on the ram's nose and white drifted down to the bottom to encircle a man and a woman who were holding hands. (see facebook soon for uploaded picture). Then Carl explains that before we started dating, he dreamt in black and white. But when we began, he started dreaming in color. And the painting was the first image he saw in color. I loved it. I have it in my room where I can see it right before I turn off my lights to sleep.

Next we went to dinner at Il Ritrovo, this amazing, classy pizza place. We got a bruchetta appetizer, a mushroom pizza with the thinnest and best crust I ever had, and split a tiramasu for dessert! It was so delicious! Then we went to a candy store next door and I got a white chocolate covered Oreo with sprinkles, which was like a heaven cookie sandwich covered in white chocolate. Carl and I then went off to the movies to see Surrogates. That was a great movie. Watch it sometime. Finally we ended the night and went to bed. It was an interesting experience sleeping at the Waldharts. One person was awake at all times, I think.

Then in the morning Carl took me out to breakfast at Harry's Diner, where I ate a delicious crepe that made my day! And Carl asked me to homecoming because he realized he forgot to do his plan. He was going to tell the waitress to bring a card out the night before with our dessert. But forgot. Oh well. Then we picked up my corsage and I picked out his tie for homecoming and we were off to Manitowoc for the game and homecoming!

On to the next!
LO

3 comments:

Catey said...

oh, i saw that painting. it was very nice. what the heck kind of a name is that? and you got him so much stuff!

Alyssa Kristine said...

fishy story was awesome...made me giggle aloud in one of the computer labs...not a good idea lol. very cute anniversary! you two are the awesomest!

Phillip J. said...

WOW .... you two are amazing ...