Thursday, January 15, 2009

Venturing into 2009

I know it has been a while...and I am truly sorry. I should have gotten back to you and gave you a whole knew out look on life based upon some new finding or hope coming with the new year. But i am a firm believer in that your life can change at any time at all. New hope can spring up at any moment and you never know when it is coming. Why should it take a start of new set of numbers, a falling of a ball in Time's square, or a night that is just and excuse to stay up late? And also, whose idea was it to have the new year happen in the midst of winter? I am not saying the new year means nothing, I just think it does not mean all we give it credit for.
My new year's eve and beginning of the new year was spent playing rock band and hanging out in an outdoor hot tub at 104 degrees. And when it reached that magic hour of midnight and the official start of the new year, my friends and I view a free display of illegal fireworks from across the river. I will say this for New Years, it is an excuse to party, so it is fine by me. And if some people start anew due to it, that is all well and good too. People can do as they please, there is no stopping them. I might sound like a hypocrite because I did just post my new year resolutions, but I all ready had made plans to do all that. I would have done them anyway...

Moving along, my days lately have been hard. This was my finals week and it has been taking it's tole on me. But then today, on the day of my fist set of finals, school was canceled. Due to the cold. Who would have figured that? Well life goes on. Finals have me worried, next semester has me worried, all is just troublesome to me. But that is life, I suppose. We all have to live with it and within it.
So some updates...
My boyfriend finally gave me my Christmas gifts. He gave me my own hat, very soft and purple. And a necklace -- a gold heart with genuine ruby and diamond accents. Yay! I adore them, he has good taste. And is apparently reading this now. Cool! Now I have four viewers!
My nano novel is at a grand count of 57, 100 and is coming around. I had been on a bit of a writers block, but I am fighting it. Hopefully I can make it through. It gets better every day.
I also will be trying to make writing a priority. Hopefully my world gets to shine a bit more often and I make time to do what I love.
And I have a laptop now! Now I will be on the computer for half of my life! YES!

2 comments:

Catey said...

i cannot believe they canceled school! fools! it wasn't even cold today! oh i am so angry! i don't know, actually the idea has rather grown on me as the day has gone by, seeing as i have done absolutely nothing! and now i shall have more time for my stupid b-day crap. god i hate b-days! and they are the same next semester! and not only that, but my a-days next semester will suck as well.
and now i'm angry because i can't fail physics like i had been planning because of madison. anger. oh what do i care? i'll just go to point. even though abunch of weird people are going there. but i like purple, so whatever, right?

Alyssa Kristine said...

hurrah for your novel progressing. nice insight on the whole concept of new years... i think june would be a much better month to have new years... or july, much warmer...and no school so more partying! hurrah for christmas gifst, they are all beautiful... i do wish to speak to you little carrie dear, we must find a time to speak! it is of the utmost urgency... use your silly little laptop to be onlin! alas there are finals tomorrow, and you being the good student you are, are more than likely frantically studying for them. Dont forget to take time to relax! farewell for now, there is more procrastination ahead of me!