Sunday, February 22, 2009

Valentine's Day

Warning - yes, this is a blog about how I spent my Valentine's day with my boyfriend, Carl. It is my first Valentine's day with a guy! I deserve to be happy about it. So please don't be mad!

I began preparing for the actually day just a day before when I made cookie dough! I revised the recipe - switched nutmeg to cinnamon so it would not kill Carl. Saved his life again! And then I cleaned the house a bit. Now, jumping to the morning of Valentine's day, I rolled the dough, baked, and decorated the cookies. Red, pink, and white frosting all hand decorated so they were like snowflakes - all individual. Then I cleaned some more and got myself ready. Then I did the last stage of making spaghetti! I had also planned the dessert weeks before - sundaes, because Carl had his first one with me. Isn't that ridiculous? He is like 16 and never had a proper sundae before! Que terrible!
When he finally got here, he was so surprised! And quite happy! He ate it all, I was impressed. I had made a lot...bad measuring skills. But it worked so yay! And I set the cookies up all cute - most in a mug I bought him and the others around it. It was a work of art! I hope he enjoyed it, he seemed to. (He has actually consumed them all now! Yay!)
After lunch we exchanged gifts. I had bought him an aeropastle sweater! Navy blue and green stripes, I liked it a lot. I even tried it on in the store...not sure why. I should have taken a picture! It looked good on me, right Catey? Anyway, Carl liked it. I am enhancing his fashion! He got me a really cool, pink, swirly scarf! My new favorite scarf. Very cool and warm. Doesn't make my hair too frizzy. And a set of pearls - necklace, bracelet (which actually fits my wrist!!!), and earrings. Love them, I never had a real set of pearls!
Next we hung out with/ chased around our friends. Silly couples. They played a bit of a trick on us and made up a riddle. We had to go on a hunt to find them. We would call them and they would just repeat "We were eating...and now we are reading." They turned out to be at the library...how weird are they?!
Soon after we left our silly couple friends and went to Shaboygan. We drove around and Carl showed me all these places in Shaboygan. It is actually a pretty cool town. Then we went to this coffee place, the Weather Center, down by the lake. It is such a cool, artsy, cultural, fisherman-esk place. Plus it had coffee! And the waiters were all cool, artsy, rebel people with cool clothes. Very indie. Then we went out to dinner and talked a lot. Finally he drove me home. Happy Valentine's Day!

I know Valentine's Day over all has been completely commercial, but I really liked it. It was a good day! Apart form me making a meal and cookies, it was just like any other date. Though maybe there was more driving around involved. But all the same, it was awesome! So yes. Fin
C

2 comments:

Dani said...

wow carrie, you are such a housewife! and you mispelled Sheboygan, dearie.

Catey said...

first may i just say...valentine's day, ack! and i am not bitter! ha.
well good, you must fatten that boy up! oh yes, it looked great on you...silly girl.
umm...are you serious? i don't get your frineds...you were with them on valentine's day? what?
city carrie, it's a city...