Thursday, March 24, 2011

Keat's Sonnet - To Let Go

This is a interesting variation to the English Sonnet form. Here the meter is not specified and different types of feet other than Iambic are permitted, such as: Trochee, Spondee and Pyrrhic. The rhyme scheme is .a.b.c. ..a.b.d...c.a.b. ..c.d.e. ..d.e..

"To Let Go"

Your hands in mine were once so small
Soft and round, gripping on tightly
Barely fitting round my finger

Your pretty name I used to call
Like a waking dreamer, whisper so lightly
Long before you even became you

In my arms you used to linger
Peeping out from my shelter tall
I was your protector so knightly

Yet, now your hand hold all my fingers
You hold on to it tight and true
Yet, I know soon you will let go

I want to hold on to you
Yet, I know soon you will let go

No comments: