Friday, March 21, 2008

Fluff Ideas

One of the things I love about myself is that from something as simple as a song or a saying I can somehow come up with a sort of story line. Now, it's no always a grand idea, but it always has a little something to it. And it will usually keep me entertained for a bit. And these little ideas I have come to call fluff ideas. They normally don't amount to anything because I forget about them. But then there are some that stick around in the back of my mind, get thought of more then a couple times, and soon evolve into one of my stories.
So now I have a new fluff idea that is thanks to the song "It's Raining Men" and the fairy god mother. So there's this girl who's down on her luck in the love scene. So one night she goes out with her best friend who is a guy after they both have yet another set of terrible dates. They happen to see a shooting star. The girl, in all corny-ness, wishes to find the perfect guy. So the next day she wakes up and find a guy in her room - who is wearing nothing but a toga thing. He is her fairly godly man and he is there to grant her wish and give her the perfect guy. All she has to do is explain the guy and he will - quite literally - fall from the sky. So the girl gets over the shock, and tells f.g.m what she wants and he comes falling down from the sky with the rain. But after a while the girl realizes that the guy isn't what she really wants. F.g.m reappears on the scene and says it's probably because she didn't give him enough details. So she tries again...and again when that one doesn't work out. And again after that. And again and again and so on and so forth till she finally discovers that even her f.g.m can't give her the perfect man because no man is truly perfect and the guy she should be with has been there all along. No, not fairly godly man, but her best friend!
Yeah I know it's weird, but I think it would be hilarious! I like it, maybe I'll write a short novel about it someday when I have time.

No comments: