Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Now

Well - it's been a busy weekend for me. I had a syncro meet, which went fairly well. It made me realize how much I want to improve. I'm going to have to take it up a notch if I ever want to make it to regional. And think of it, next year I'm moving up to 16-17 age group! How scary is that! New figures, new routines! It's going to be crazy! Right now, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle it. But that's a long way off and I'm trying to focus on the now.
I've always had some trouble with that focus. I worry so much about basically every little thing and a great deal about the future. But what I have to understand is that I'll have plenty of time for that then and what I should be doing now is seeing the now! Am I the only one who had that problem? I think not, or hope not because if that's so I might be crazy. Might. But there is also the issue of how I get lost in my thoughts and imaginings and forget that the now is the real now.
Like right now I have sync to worry about and school tomorrow, where I may be getting my vocal testing done. Hopefully anyway, our choir teacher has been putting it off for a few classes. Maybe because we suck or maybe he is just a very forgetful man. How should I know, I'm just a silly little alto! I just really want to do good and I want to get it over with so I can move on to worring about other things!
Also happening in the now - I've come up with yet another idea for a future book of mine! This one is realistic fiction, about a girl around 21-22 who goes off on a road trip. Not for any particular reason, just to rome and see if she can find something. So she goes from town to town, trying to avoid bigger cities, working odd jobs, meeting a few people, and learning all she can. Finally she stop in this one small town and meets the people who will change her life - handsome older diner guy, teenage rocker, flower shop sisters, piano playing granny, and jerky cocky farm boy. Obviously, there is much more to the story - names, backgrounds, fluff, drama, romance, mystery, and all that great stuff. But - don't go and take this the wrong way - I don't really trust the Internet with all that extra detail. But trust me, when this gets down in print, it'll be amazing - just give me like 10 years to write it!
As for now...well I'm going to move on to other very importent things.

1 comment:

Catey said...

but carrie...i live in the now...well, kinda. basically the now part that i like...as in, i don't care about the future...but i don't care about the things (such as school) that i am doing now that will be important for the future...if you see what i'm saying. anyway, my point is...don't be like me, lol. what i actually mean to say is, live each today to the fullest, but tomorrow is important too. teehee, i know i'm not making any sense; blame it on the cold. whatever, love ya sis!