Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Testing the Waters

On the shore
I wait and tremble
Knowing not was is to come
Your whispering call
Is hard to ignore
And your hands are ghosts at my sides
Though my fears tug me back
I go on foreword
For the shadows have past
And I now walk in the light
Though my path is unknown
And my future unclear
I know it must all begin here
One chance, one choice
A break of a wave
Over the surface of my life
Let the ripple come
And reach my restful water
Put in motion
My new found life
Though my eyes are blind
To what is to come
I must take that destined dive
To begin
What will be
And what will become the past
Like endless drifting ocean
Life is just a cycle
Crashing and returning
To whence it came
My past stays with me
My future is but a step away
So as I stand on the shore
I move with certainty
For my future waits
Without a doubt
It is there for all to see
And I go for all my past
And make my present
What it was meant to be
With simple lapping of the waves
My journey begins

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow i really liked that poem.. your probably going to see me leave that comment for alot of your poems :) I felt as if I could relate to the underlying fear of the future but the need to move forward regardless