Friday, April 1, 2011

English Ode - Ode to the Cat of War

This ode consists of three ten line iambic pentameter stanzas. The rhyme scheme is: a. b. a. b. c. d. e. c. d. e.

“Ode to the Cat of War”

Kitten prancing, pouncing about the room
Why must you glide and move so very fast
Jumping about all day will be your doom
And yet with no mind, you have such a blast
You run, run here and there without a care
Purring, crying, meowing all the way
Like a tyrant over little kingdom
With little thought you have no fear, you dare
Oh what a silly, dizzy game you play
I shall sit and wait, wait till you are done

Kitten flying, run, running all around
Surely, yes, you must be tiring now
Crying out and making such big, loud sound
What grand chaos you do cause and allow
Clawing at furniture, table and chair
Knocking over glass,china, vase and lamp
Spilling food, juice, tea, and drinking water
You cause me such great anger and despair
How you make me want to scream, shout, and stamp
You have made the room look like grand slaughter

Kitten rolling on the ground and purring
Rubbing read and body across my feet
Walking away and then so returning
Like an annoying bird you chirp and tweet
I push you away and ignore your cries
No, I will not cuddle nor pet nor brush
No matter how long you do cry and purr
Refusing to give into greedy lies
Yet soon, my anger you do sooth and crush
I give in, hold you close, and pet your fur

1 comment:

ciceronianus said...

Cat of War, indeed. Good blog, little girl.