Monday, April 11, 2011

Rondel - Daydream

Rondel

This is a French form of thirteen lines and is made up of two rhymes. There is a refrain, which is set up by the first two lines of the first stanza. The rhyme pattern is A. B. a. b.. and .a. b. A. B. for the first two stanzas and a quintain for the final stanza that mirrors the first two stanzas, with the last line repeating the first line of the first stanza a. b. b. a. A. It is usually constructed of lines of eight syllalbes.

“Daydream”

Sometimes, I find my eye gazing
Off in space unguided and free
I enter a world amazing
Imagination holds the key

So, so many questions raising
And all answers are up to me
Sometimes, I find my eye gazing
Off in space unguided and free

In this free world I am praising
All my great hidden joy and glee
That I can release so freely
When my mind and heart is blazing
Sometimes, I find my eye gazing

No comments: